You are solely responsible for your Helmets to Hardhats Account information, employer, trade or Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (JATC) account information or job and apprenticeship postings, Profile, content (including, without limitation works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed), messages, audio, video, photos, text, images, compilations or other information (“User Content”) that You post on any Helmets to Hardhats Site or transmit to other Users. You agree that in submitting User Content or otherwise using any Helmets to Hardhats Site that you will not impersonate any person, or submit any materials to the Center that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, or are otherwise in violation of your obligations under these Terms. The Center acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of User Content and has no obligation to screen User Content, communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring User Content posted by Users. However, the Center may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of, Users of any Helmets to Hardhats Site. The Center reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to the Helmets to Hardhats Sites and/or use of Helmets to Hardhats services for violating the Terms or applicable laws, rules or regulations. The Center may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability for the Center, damage the Center’s brand or public image, or cause the Center to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
The Center does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content or any other communications posted by Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
The following is a partial list of User Content that is prohibited on the Helmets to Hardhats Sites. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content.
- is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of any group or individual;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides or links to material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; or
- provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating any media; and
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other Users.
It is also a violation of the Terms to include in any User Content submitted to the Center’s Networking sites information that may be interpreted as direct solicitation, advertisement or recruitment for an available job position directed to individuals seeking employment on either a full time or part time basis.
Any Profile You submit must describe You, an individual person. Examples of inappropriate and prohibited Profiles include, but are not limited to, Profiles that purport to represent an animal, place, inanimate object, fictional character, or real individual that is not You. You may not include in your Networking Profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contacting You, other than your last name and URLs.
In order to protect our Networking Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, the Center reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which a User may send to other Users to a number which the Center deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
If notified by a User of User Content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, the Center may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to take any other actions whether to remove or request the removal of the User Content. The Center has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
We appreciate hearing from our Users and welcome your comments regarding our services and the Helmets to Hardhats Sites. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. While we do value your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If, despite our request, You send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the “Submission”), the Submission shall be the property of the Center. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. The Center shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person.